Big things are coming to LaPerle in 2019!
Stay tuned to our website and social media for information about upcoming events and activities happening in our community!
We would love for the younger families in our neighborhood to get involved. It’s a great way to teach your family about community spirit and the importance of volunteering.
Please consider getting involved and making your community great!
We want to hear from you! Please drop by, or call the office Monday, Thursday & Friday mornings 780-486-4426, or email email@example.com
Thank you to everyone who made it out to our Annual General Meeting on April 7, 2019.
Ward 1 Councillor Andrew Knack gave updates on various projects around our community, including:
- Bus Network Redesign – Peak time buses to downtown may be affected by the redesign. New network will be finalized in 2019, and implemented in 2020. See the City of Edmonton’s website for the new 2018/2019 Service Plan.
- LRT funding is now in place from all levels of government, we’ll likely see utility crews in the area as work ramps up. See the City of Edmonton’s YouTube channel for a preview of the Valleyview West LRT line.
- New Library and Rec Center in Webber Greens – construction should begin mid-2020.
- Back Alley renewal project for LaPerle – aging back alleys cannot support the weight of modern garbage trucks.
- Neighborhood Renewal project is coming to LaPerle 2023. Project will include repaving and replacing sidewalks. Community engagements will begin 2-3 years in advance for public input. Curb extensions and raised crosswalks can be considered at this time.
For more information about City of Edmonton projects happening in LaPerle visit www.AndrewKnack.com or follow him on Facebook