Thank you to everyone who made it out to our Annual General Meeting on April 7, 2019. It was an informative and productive evening for those who attended.
Ward 1 Councillor Andrew Knack gave updates on various projects around our community, including:
- Bus Network Redesign – Peak time buses to downtown may be affected by the redesign. New network will be finalized in 2019, and implemented in 2020. See the City of Edmonton’s website for the new 2018/2019 Service Plan.
- LRT funding is now in place from all levels of government, we’ll likely see utility crews in the area as work ramps up. See the City of Edmonton’s YouTube channel for a preview of the Valleyview West LRT line.
- New Library and Rec Center in Lewis Estates – construction should begin mid-2020. Some delays are expected.
- Back Alley Renewal project for LaPerle – aging back alleys cannot support the weight of modern garbage trucks.
- Neighborhood Renewal project is coming to LaPerle 2023. Project will include repaving and replacing sidewalks. Community engagements will begin 2-3 years in advance for public input. Curb extensions and raised crosswalks can be considered at this time.
For more information about City of Edmonton projects happening in LaPerle visit www.AndrewKnack.com or follow him on Facebook
We have quite a few new faces on the La Perle Community League Board this year. Warm welcome to our new volunteers!
La Perle Board Members returning in 2019
Vice-President: Denis Ricard
Secretary: Violet Poon
Casino Director: Barb Brazel
Director at Large: Amanda Percy
Facility Manager: Cathy Johannesson
Soccer Coordinator: Cathy Johannesson
New Board Members in 2019
Treasurer: Jennifer May
Communications Director: Karin Ferrari
Crime Prevention Director: Louis Ruel
Events Director: Bill Bowers
Membership Director: Tiffany Conrad
Social Director: Danielle Bowers
Website Director: Karin Ferrari
Director at Large: Christa Ruel
We’re still looking for our new leader to take us into 2019! If you’re interested in learning more about what it takes to fill our top spot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the hall during office hours Monday, Thursday & Friday 8:45-12 noon