Events and programs in La Perle rely on volunteer support from the community.
Volunteer Roles – Casino
We are recruiting volunteers for Starlight Casino in West Edmonton Mall on December 9 and 10, 2019. Please sign up with your full legal name or contact Barb by phone at 780-489-1766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old. Some positions require an AGLC Volunteer worker form to be filled out. Volunteers in these roles volunteers cannot have a criminal record.
General Manager / Alt. General Manager*
- Responsibilities include: organisations’ official representative to supervise volunteers, their attendance, and their
conduct at the Licensed Casino Event in the Cash Cage, the Count Room, and on the gaming floor.
- Licensed Casino Event in the Cash Cage, the Count Room, and on the gaming floor.
- Requires walking or standing 10-25% of the time.
- Will be working primarily in the Cash Cage during the day shift and the Cash Cage and Count Room during late shift. Some activity takes place on the casino floor.
- A General Manager or Alternative General Manger must be within the Casino Facility at all times during a Licensed Casino Event.
- Responsibilities include: maintaining Cash Cage float of chips and cash.
- Primarily sitting 90% of the time in Cash Cage
- Primary activity during opening, closing and shift changes.
- Controls safe.
- Must use a computer or handheld computer in the performance of their duties.
- Responsibilities include: trading patrons chips for cash.
- Ability to count chips accurately in increments of 5 and 25 as well as count back cash a huge asset.
- Will be handling large amounts of chips and cash.
- Primarily sitting or standing 90% of the time in Cash Cage. (Depends on their personal preference.)
- Minimal use handheld computer in the performance of their duties.
Count Room Supervisor
- Responsibilities include: utilize a computer to record counting activities. Supervises count room volunteers.
- Primarily sitting 80% of the time while in the Count Room
Count Room Staff
- Responsibilities include: sort, count, verify and amalgamate cash.
- One person will use a computer.
- Sitting 90% of the time while in Count Room. (One or two positions will be standing 100%.)
- Minimal use of handheld computer in the performance of their duties.
- Sitting 80% of the time waiting.
- Not permitted in Cash Cage.
- Must remain on Casino Floor or volunteer lounge
For applicable positions (General Manager, Banker, and Cashier), the AGLC Volunteer Worker Form can be found here: Casino Volunteer Worker Application