Events and programs in La Perle rely on support from the community for Casino fundraisers like this one.
We are recruiting volunteers for Starlight Casino in West Edmonton Mall on December 9 and 10, 2019. Please sign up with your full legal name or contact Barb by phone at 780-489-1766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers must be at least 18 years old. Some positions require an AGLC Volunteer worker form to be filled out. Volunteers in these roles volunteers cannot have a criminal record.
General Manager / Alt. General Manager*
- Responsibilities include: organisations’ official representative to supervise volunteers, their attendance, and their
conduct at the Licensed Casino Event in the Cash Cage, the Count Room, and on the gaming floor.
- Licensed Casino Event in the Cash Cage, the Count Room, and on the gaming floor.
- Requires walking or standing 10-25% of the time.
- Will be working primarily in the Cash Cage during the day shift and the Cash Cage and Count Room during late shift. Some activity takes place on the casino floor.
- A General Manager or Alternative General Manger must be within the Casino Facility at all times during a Licensed Casino Event.
- Responsibilities include: maintaining Cash Cage float of chips and cash.
- Primarily sitting 90% of the time in Cash Cage
- Primary activity during opening, closing and shift changes.
- Controls safe.
- Must use a computer or handheld computer in the performance of their duties.
- Responsibilities include: trading patrons chips for cash.
- Ability to count chips accurately in increments of 5 and 25 as well as count back cash a huge asset.
- Will be handling large amounts of chips and cash.
- Primarily sitting or standing 90% of the time in Cash Cage. (Depends on their personal preference.)
- Minimal use handheld computer in the performance of their duties.
Count Room Supervisor
- Responsibilities include: utilize a computer to record counting activities. Supervises count room volunteers.
- Primarily sitting 80% of the time while in the Count Room
Count Room Staff
- Responsibilities include: sort, count, verify and amalgamate cash.
- One person will use a computer.
- Sitting 90% of the time while in Count Room. (One or two positions will be standing 100%.)
- Minimal use of handheld computer in the performance of their duties.
- Sitting 80% of the time waiting.
- Not permitted in Cash Cage.
- Must remain on Casino Floor or volunteer lounge
For applicable positions (General Manager, Banker, and Cashier), the AGLC Volunteer Worker Form can be found here: Casino Volunteer Worker Application