La Perle Community League Members can drop off household waste at our Big Bin Event, Saturday, September 19th 9am-3pm.
Memberships can be purchased in advance through our Membership Director Tiffany Conrad [email protected] or online, through the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues website https://efcl.org/membership-purchase/. In celebration of Community League Day 2020, the EFCL will waive the $5 service fee on September 19th.
The following items will NOT be accepted at the event: Tires, mattresses, railway ties, any electronics, paint, batteries, and other hazardous materials such as:
- Motor oil (max container size 20 litres), oil filters
- Car batteries, antifreeze, gas, diesel
- All automotive fluids, rust remover (max container size 20 litres)
Chemicals and Cleaners
- Bleach, drain, toilet, oven cleaners, spot removers
- Herbicide, pesticide, fertilizer
- Photo chemicals and glues
- All light bulbs, fluorescent tubes/ballasts, lighting fixtures
Paints and Stains
- Paints and stains (including aerosols). Full or empty, max container size 20 litres
- Aerosol cans (empty, full or partially full)
- Caulking, cement powder
- Fire extinguishers, propane tanks or bottles (max 20 lbs)
- Smoke detectors
- Needles and syringes (packaged in a thick screw-top plastic bottle like a laundry-detergent bottle)
Household hazardous waste should be taken to an Eco Station for proper disposal, because if not handled properly it can be harmful to people and the environment. * Note: Commercial hazardous waste is not accepted at Eco Stations.
All residents must unload their own vehicles in order to protect our volunteers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Residents must maintain physical distancing (2 metres/6 feet) and are encouraged to wear a mask. If you are experiencing Covid symptoms we ask that you refrain from attending the event.